Intermediate Software Web Developer
PresiNET Systems is a global provider of premium Network Intelligence technology solutions. We are headquartered in Victoria, BC, Canada. PresiNET Systems has an established global distribution network and international technology partnerships. PresiNET’s technology solutions primarily focus on Bialogics Healthcare – designed to deliver actionable, real-time interactive visualizations and analytics information to operational decision-makers.
PresiNET's DImax and TOTAL VIEW ONE products provide an enterprise class suite of healthcare and network monitoring tools to provide real-time alerts, clear reports and investigative tools.
We are seeking an intermediate or senior web developer to help enhance and develop our marketplace technology and to support the installation and mapping process of our technology with customers. Working with the development team, the ideal candidate will be able to communicate well with others, have a passion for creating quality software, and have experience with a successful agile software development system.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Writing queries against SQL databases such as PostgreSQL and MySQL
- Customer Support – helping customers to install and configure Presinet’s system. This will require regularly interacting with customers online and on the telephone
- Contribute to the iterative design process, being mindful of usability and the user experience
- Work proactively with other developers to design, build, test and maintain robust applications that can be reused and maintained as easily as possible
- Provide estimates on the relative difficulty of tasks and features
- Research technologies and solutions that may be integrated into existing or new applications
- Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Always being mindful of code quality, and software testing methods
- Must be able to work at our offices in downtown Victoria, BC
- Proven experience in successfully delivering web applications
- Strong SQL databases interface experience and knowledge
- Strong knowledge of Linux and Linux environments
- Good understanding of modern HTML5 web standards
- Experience using version control (mostly Git, some SVN)
- Experience working with relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Experience working with and troubleshooting Networks, firewalls and IP-tables
- Knowledge of Agile development methodology’s principles and processes
- Management of Linux-based servers